Why Are FreeRolls Poker Clubs Legal in Texas?
Our Business Model is Based on Texas Law
>Tex. Penal Code § 47.02. Gambling
(a) A person commits an offense if he:
(3) plays and bets for money or other thing of value at any game played with cards, dice, balls, or any other gambling device.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the actor engaged in gambling in a private place u>;
(2) no person received any economic benefit other than personal winnings; and
(3) except for the advantage of skill or luck, the risks of losing and the chances of winning were the same for all participants.
the actor engaged in gambling in a private place;
- FreeRolls Poker Clubs are 100% private, membership based.
no person received any economic benefit other than personal winnings; and
- The “house” makes no money from the playing of poker. In other words, the establishment, nor any third party can make money from the game play including dealer tips, food being paid for with money from the game or the house taking a percentage of money from each hand – often referred to as “the rake”.
the risks of losing and the chances of winning were the same for all participants.
- FreeRolls does not offer any tournament specials or extra chips or incentives to players. What makes FreeRolls legal is the following: 1. We do not charge any seat rentals or time charges to our members for cash or tournament play. 2. We do not allow any illegal tipping of dealers. 3. The chances of winning are the same for all players. 4. We do not offer a "dealers toke" or any form of money collected in tournaments for dealer. 5. All money paid for a tournament entry (including the World Poker Tour Deepstacks Tournament) is paid back out to players. 6. All money in the cash games stays in the game. We are in regular communication with Houston PD and will continue to keep an open channel of dialogue and we will report any instance of illegal activity from any of our members such as bookmaking, etc.
We do not and will not allow any member of FreeRolls to break, or even bend, any of our compliance rules. Keeping our business legal, safe and fun for all of our members is paramount.
If there are ever any question about FreeRolls legal compliance model, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.